Saturday, June 06, 2009

I am not at Room Temperature

I was properly chastised this week by my friend Libby for not updating the blog after my last surgery. I told her that I hadn't felt like sitting at the desk computer to type a long update. Libby replied that all I had to type was "I am not at room temperature."

The surgery went very very well, and I've already had two follow-up visits. The surgeon was able to resolve the last of the area where my skin was adhered to my chest wall. Consequently, except for the tightness from internal scar tissue, I have full range of motion in my arms. Not that I will ever play volleyball again.......

My foobs (or flaps, whichever you wish to call them) are reasonably symmetrical and well placed on my chest. The surgeon wanted to "diddle" a little more with them, but I told him he had accomplished my objective, and maybe sometime in the future, but for now I am THROUGH WITH SURGERY!!

The revision to my abdominal area added three inches to each end of my scar (removing "dog ears") and large black bruises on my butt (from the liposuction).

I am now where I hoped to be in February 2007. Finished with surgical revisions and whole. I will have the nipples tattooed on August 31. That's an in-office procedure done with lidocaine.

I have been cleared for exercise and swimming.

Thank you Dr. Bernard Chang, reconstruction surgeon extraordinaire!!

No comments: