Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Betty Has Been a Godsend

Thank you so much, Betty, for being here to help with this insanity.

You have taken a huge load off my shoulders the last 10 days. You have helped with the house, with food, with visiting Jim, with making sure I got plenty of rest. I feel really strong for being 1/3 of the way through radiation and having a husband in a critical care hospital with end-stage liver disease.

Thank you, Betty, for taking the time and expense to come here to be with us. All we had to do was ask, and you were on your way the next day. Your caring and compassion brings me to tears. Jim and I don't know how to truly thank you or how to repay you. All we can say is that you have a huge deposit in the Good Deeds Bank.

But we should have known you would help like this, knowing how you have helped others in the past.

And from me personally, it has been a joy getting to know you better. You have had an incredibly full life, and I love you for sharing it with me.

Travel safe tomorrow when you return home. And kiss Don for sharing you with us. Enjoy each other!!

No comments: