Thursday, November 30, 2006

No Luck But Bad Luck

I was going to radiation this morning and got rear ended by an inattentive driver. I'm OK; a little lower back pain and a headache. She was OK too, but asked for an ambulance to take her to a hospital for a check. Her airbags deployed.

My car seems to have minor damage. The bumper is busted and there's a dent in the rear door. It's a station wagon. Her car looks like it is totaled.

So new chores--figuring out how to get this fixed. Hopefully we won't have an insurance issue because she had insurance through the same company as me.

For the time being, I'll drive Jim's car. I rescheduled my radiation for this afternoon. A friend is coming to sit with Jim while I'm gone.

SIGH!

The home health aide came in this morning to clean Jim up. She did a great job. Jim and I both liked her. But she warned us he might get a new aide each time, and I would have to explain all the instructions over again.

We are hoping to get an overnight companion for him tonight. The person also will do laundry and light housekeeping. YESSSSS! The kitchen floor is sticky and needs washing, even though it was cleaned on Sunday.

Wow, when I said we're taking this a day at a time, I didn't realize how long each day would be.

Jim lost his glasses and watch this morning and was very distressed about it. The glasses were on his face and the watch was high up on his now skinny arm.

And after I told him the accident story, he now thinks he was in an accident.

Well, he had a good breakfast. I have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

I'm tired of the house heat being set at 74 because Jim is cold. He does have a space heater as well. And he's sitting on a heating pad.

SIGH!!

No wonder I can't get Ennis's diabetes regulated.

No comments: