Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Radiation Crash and Burn

Get to radiation clinic at 7:25 am Monday morning. Still dressed in jammies; coat over same.

Can't start treatment. DR wants repeat of the X-ray films that we did during the dry run on Friday. Get me all set up "in position" and keep me there too long again. Cramping, aching.

Techs come back in. Couldn't take X-rays. Treatment room door wouldn't lock. Come back Tuesday to try non-treatment again. I huff out, grumpy and stressed enough to spit nails.

Tuesday up at 6AM, hoping to be more awake when I get to clinic. Find a phone message from Monday night--door still broken; don't come in on Tuesday. MAYBE back Wednesday to try non-treatment again.

DR offered to delay treatment a week because I am so stressed over Jim. At this rate, it will be a week delayed. It just won't have relieved any stress.

I sometimes feel I'm working with a rinky-dink outfit.

No comments: